Website Air National Guard
As a Flight Engineer (Instructor). GS-2185-9/10, you will you will perform aircrew duties as an instructor flight engineer for the C-130 and/or helicopter aircraft; to administer, schedule and conduct flight and ground training for flight engineers; and to perform staff support duties.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state’s National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to travel in military and /or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
- May perform maintenance or act as crew chief in leading and directing others in the accomplishment of maintenance when away from home station.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance within one year of appointment.
Company: Air National Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A